Monday, June 16, 2008

Grandma's Knot - 2

The Mind further deliberates on the Grandma’s knot.

Experience has convinced me that I am the result of my past. Based on this firsthand experience, I have no doubts that we are the effect of our own cause. Depending on the nature and intensity of the causes (my actions) results are inevitable in time with proportionate intensity.

Does it not mean that I am my own mother? And mother of mother too, Grandma?

If every member of the family is mother and his or her own Grandmother. Then which knots the biological Grandma is teaching her biological grand children in the form of family pride, honour, religious compulsions, and traditions etc.

What is their relevance compared to my own skill of tying knots? Does it mean they are hypothetical? And if they are, then why should they be important?

I find that besides other effects on me, one very significant effect is the masking effect of my own capability to tie or untie the knots.

Therefore, can I consciously avoid learning the biological grandma’s skills, so that my own skills at knots get a chance to manifest?

The Mind now sees....

The complexity of the knots disappearing. Some of them easy to open and some of them have started opening themselves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

You are almost close to NEO in Matrix. I love this movie. Please see the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDSLaDZHLo

Anonymous said...

Mr. A had blue coloured sungless and Mr. B had red coloured sungless. Both looked at yellow light, Mr. A said it is green and Mr.B said it is orange. Both are right from their perspective but they are far from reality. Well, it is easy to remove the coloured sungless but to remove the conditioning...it is quite a complex matter altogether...it is learning and not stopping at one conclusion...it is like if Mr. C has no sunglass at all and if he looks at yellow light...it is right for him to just look and stay quiet, but if he says it is yellow light then he has yellow sunglass right away!!!!

Suresh Varma said...

I cannot but appreciate the truth in Narain's comment on yellow light. Isn't it mindful observation without reaction?

Anonymous said...

Talking about tying and opening knots...( Varmaji's writings keep me on track in my journey: To know myself ) It is not only when we DO somethings as per the choices which are actions and reactions, it also when we DO NOT DO ANY THING...bcoz even when we are INACTIVE but our mind is always ACTIVE...it is like the walking belt on the airport where the belt moves and we not walk but we still move...one has to very vigilant to not to tie any knot even when we are not active...

Anonymous said...

"If every member of the family is mother and his or her own Grandmother."....
This sounds like a lovely concept:-)