Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Clinging to Opposites....

My Mind always wonders...

Why negative becomes guardian of positive?

How do corrupt politicians rise to the highest offices in the culturally most advance nations?

What prompts glorification of underworld in the Hollywood and Bollywood movies?

Why are so called God men claiming to change the World are in a race for altering their economical and social status?

Why does mass-mind consider the psyche of some individuals indispensable for its welfare and progress? Perhaps, in reality whose absence could have brought in the desired results much quicker!!

Every morning I receive an email from World of Quotes. They very kindly provide me short and not so sweet material to keep my Mind busy for a while, at times it consoles me, some times it provokes thoughts and often it makes me laugh at my ignorance.

Anyway.... the quotation seems to crystallize my thoughts which I am reproducing here...

"A man can be a hero if he is a scientist, or a soldier, or a drug addict, or a disc jockey, or a crummy mediocre politician. A man can be a Hero because he suffers and despairs; or because he thinks logically and analytically; or because he is "sensitive;" or because he is cruel. Wealth establishes a man as a hero, and so does poverty. Virtually any circumstance in a man's life will make him a hero to some group of people and has a mythic rendering in the culture -- in literature, art, theater, or the daily newspapers.
~Andrea Dworkin~"


Well, what is it? Resonance? Gravitation or hungry Mind's strife for the nutrition?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

its always been portrayed to me in my childhood via stories of deadly cobras guarding sparkling treasures, jinns guarding fortunes, tales of treasure island are still fresh on my mind. it has been the bad guarding the beautiful all the time...would the evil guarding the so-called-good, be a forebearer of the evils that would be unleashed once you touch the so-called-good???

definately a nutritious diet for our minds!

likhte raho sureshbhai, toosi great likhte ho!

Sailin Gudhka said...

Andrea Dworkin quote is really good and simple to understand......

Anonymous said...

Mind is always in exteams...this side or that...never in the middle...and in fact in the middle it dies.